Entry #2 : The Irony of Being Told No

 Hi guys, good to write to you all again! Today is going to be about the core of most of our rebellious phase, being told the big N O! As a middle child, everyone thinks I am the peacemaker and the calm one, but that is quite literally the opposite of what I truly am. Growing up, my parents were very strict, which is typical. They never really let me do anything and so I did what any 16 year old did when her parents told her no, I got a nose piercing. 

rebel Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Honestly, I never even thought of getting one and with time, I ended up not liking it. All because of a no, I added a third hole to my nose. It doesn't stop there, I got a tattoo as well. The tattoo does have meaning behind it so I will give myself credit for that but I was so stubborn to get it just because my dad told me not to. He never liked tattoos and hated the thought of us having one, so of course I had to get one once I saw an opportunity. I do plan to get more and have had more serious conversations with him about them, but because of a simple no, I just HAD to get one as soon as I could. 

40 Hilarious Tattoo Memes • Tattoodo

En pocas palabras (long story short), being told no by the authority figures in your life will lead you to doing anything possible to do it. My rebellious phase was cut short because my parents aren't strict anymore, but don't worry, I am still finding anything possible for them to say no to so I can go against their same wish ;). 

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this. Once I saw the title, I knew I'd be smirking at this, and I was correct. Questioning and disobeying authority is character building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is great - Mr. Merrell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #1 : Highly Opinionated